by Meli C

Blueberry muffins

Yesterday I made a batch of blueberry muffins and came to the following realization: just like a song is able to transport me back to a particular moment, so can certain foods.

The realization came as I was waiting for the muffins to cool. My mind drifted back to Boston circa 2002, to a conversation with one of my college roomies who, to this day, loves blueberry muffins.

In my distant but vivid memory, Laura was telling me that the best blueberry muffin she had ever tried (and I know she has tried many) was at the BU Tower’s dining room.  Then my phone rang, and I was back in my kitchen.

6 comments

1 laura { 10.05.10 at 11:28 am }

Most definitely true. Although I have to say it was the BU 610 Beacon Street Dorm that had the very best blueberry muffins; warm and fluffy on the inside with a crunchy top. Craving them right now. Love u Meli.

2 laura { 10.05.10 at 11:36 am }

Myles Standish Hall, 610 Beacon Street. My first home in Boston, I was friend’s with everyone who worked in the cafeteria that had the best blueberry muffins and was I was the luckiest freshman with a single bedroom with a private bathroom. 2 minutes walking distance from Kenmore Square!

3 Sai { 10.05.10 at 11:49 am }

I must say I’m not the world’s biggest blueberry muffin enthusiast, but made just right, they are a little piece of heaven… Now you made me crave a warm one with butter and gooey blueberries… YUM!

4 Pati { 10.05.10 at 12:03 pm }

Hi! we have class tonight! Do you want to bring me a blueberry muffin for your favorite P.I.C.???? 😀

5 nane { 10.06.10 at 1:24 am }

although i’m not really into blueberry muffins your post definitely took me back to boston “circa 2002”. remembering our sex and the city finale night and my obsession with animal crackers. love you! (ps – i kinda feel like having a muffin too)

6 Melissa R { 10.06.10 at 2:19 pm }

Boston misses you – come back! :)